Sunday 2 March 2014

DJs refuse to play Freaky dancehall singjay J Amsterdam music



J Amsterdam- File


Freaky dancehall singjay J Amsterdam says local DJs are refusing to play his music because they are afraid of the stigma.
According to the Wine Inna Mi Face singer, Jamaica's music industry is not prepared for his level of 'freakishness'.
"I think they don't want to play the song because they don't want to be associated with that kind of thing, and that's why so many people were going against it on Facebook," he said.
The singjay also said while he does not blame DJs for not playing his song in an attempt to protect their reputation, its blatant hypocrisy.
"If DJs played it, they would get 'fire bun' and honestly, I don't think they would want to risk their career," J Amsterdam said.
He also told THE STAR that he misjudged the level of backlash he would get for releasing the controversial single, and even made an attempt to retract his admission to having performed oral sex.
"I can't go anywhere right now, and I have been getting death threats. I have stayed in my house for three days without going outside. I have not done the things I said in the song, I was just trying to fulfil my dreams of having a lucrative career. When I did the song I thought the freaks would have supported me, but they have not," he said.
J Amsterdam also commented on Alkaline's 'anal licking' lyrics saying, "Alkaline is making it bad for me right now because people feel that he did the anal licking line because of me, Demarco and Ricky Carty. But what he did in his song with one line is worse than my entire song. This did me more harm than good because I have received no bookings, not even Tiana or D'Angel want to be associated with me. Persons have to be hypocrites to survive in this industry ... Jamaica is not ready for it, and even though I said oral sex in the song, I have never performed it," J Amsterdam added.

For More Music New 
add djslick44 on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/djslick44
add us on Twitter @ https://www.twitter.com/djslick44
contact us @ +18768632491

No comments:

Post a Comment

Auraiya 'Chronicles of Love' Album 🎵 Available Now on All Platforms" – 9 Tracks of Musical Therapy! A must-have for your playlist.

In a captivating blend of healing expertise and melodic mastery, Dr. Gayan Smith , also known as Auraiya , emerges as a dual for...